Saturday, May 22, 2010

So Proud!

This post again has nothing to do with our wedding but I'm so excited about the news I got on Friday I just had to share! As most of you know my students took their Social Studies SOL test on Thursday. I was so nervous because several of my students are so unpredictable when it comes to taking tests. They are a bright group and if they actually TRY and take their time I know they could all pass everything! I have to say though when it came time for their test on Thursday they were all very focused and took their time! They even double and triple checked when they were finished! When we got the results yesterday morning I was over the moon! Every single one of my kids passed their Social Studies! 100% baby! Not only did they pass but they passed advanced! Of those advanced scores 6 of them were perfect scores of 600!! I am so proud of them! They were super excited when I told them the news at the end of the day--we are talking ear piercing screams and jumps for joy! Of course I was jumping with them! :) Granted the Social Studies test is typically the easiest of the 4 tests we take...the hardest one is next...reading! I hope these results will give them all a confidence boost for the rest of the tests.

This year we are trying something different and taking the reading tests on 2 days instead of just one. We hope this will improve their scores b/c we typically lose them after the first part of the reading test b/c we have to take a break and when they come back from the break they have lost all concentration and just want to be done. By having it on 2 different days HOPEFULLY they will be more focused on the second part! Which will lead to higher scores!

I know they can pass if only they put their mind to it and focus the whole time! This next week will be one major review session for reading, science, and math! Our next test is the day after Memorial Day--which could be bad coming back from a long break....but maybe it will be good for them to have a break to relax a bit before we finish up the testing! Only time will tell....so please just say a prayer for them and me! :)

Oh and I have to give a shout out to my third grade girls! All their kids who took the test online this week also passed! So right now we have 100%! We have to wait for the 6 paper/pencil tests to be graded before we know the official results for the entire third grade! Congrats girls! We are off to a good start! Let's keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment