Today was the last Friday for our students. They still have to come next week, but their last day is now Thursday. This afternoon my co-teacher Erin and one of my best friends/bridesmaids surprised me (with some help from our Family Preservation girls Catherine and Katie) with a gift from our students along w/ brownies and ice cream. I was very surprised she was able to pull this off without me figuring it out or one of the kids slipping up and saying something! However, I did wonder why the kids were having to take Mrs. Halsey so many math papers during the morning this week! Little did I know there was money hidden inside the folded math papers! They kids got me a gift certificate to use for some Pampered Chef stuff--and we all know how much I love to bake! I'm very excited to look though the catalog and pick some things out.
Of course no shower would be complete without a silly game! Erin divided the kids up into teams--2 girl teams and 2 boy teams. The mission: to create a wedding dress from toilet paper! That's right the boys had to make a wedding dress too! They were so funny to watch and they did a cute job! I had to show off their "designs" so here are a few pics of the project and final products!
This team worked so well together! I think we might have some future Project Runway contestants on our hands!
No comments:
Post a Comment