Justin and I had our engagement "photo shoot" the Saturday before Easter. Luckily we had beautiful weather! Mary Stafford took the pics and did a wonderful job! I highly recommend her! :) I chose to have the pics done at my Grandmother Miller's house, down by the creek, and at my Grandma Talbert's house. I wanted to do the pics outside and at places that I have wonderful memories. I'll post a few of the pics here for you to see. If you want to see them all then you'll have to look at my FB page.
.jpg)




I have my first shower coming up this weekend. My cousin Paige and sister-in-law Whitney are throwing it for me at Nesslerod on the New in Fairlawn. It's a B&B that is rented out on weekends usually for weddings and showers. Since the wedding season has begun the only day they could get the place was on a Sunday afternoon. Over the next 3 months I have quite a few showers planned. This one will mainly be my mom's side of the family and a few of my close friends and my bridesmaids. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone b/c it seems like the only time I see a lot of my mom's extended family is at our annual family reunion, marriages, and sadly deaths. It should be fun!
On a side note Justin and I have some sad news to share. As most of you probably know Justin's papaw has been diagnosed with cancer (again) and he is not doing very well. We went in last weekend to visit and he recognized us at first then began talking about odd things. He hasn't been eating or drinking much either. It was very hard for us to see him like this. Justin is very close to his papaw and thinks the world of him. I lost my poppy 3 years ago to cancer so I know what he's going through. Seeing his papaw brought back memories of the last weeks I spent with my Poppy and it just broke my heart all over again. I know there is nothing I can say to Justin to make this any easier on him, all I can do is be by his side and let him know I'm there and I love him. Papaw has had a good life and we know when he's ready that he will be better off than all of us. I've only known him a little over a year, but he is a strong Christian man that many people in the community and their family look up to, especially Justin and Josh. I just pray that when the time comes that a sense of peace will come over the family and comfort them. I hate to see people suffer with cancer. I have lost too many people in my life to this horrible disease. We need to, no we HAVE to find a cure. Please keep Papaw and the Jones family in your prayers over the next few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment